Home Security Safety Tips:
The following are Home Security Safety Information and tips you to protect your home and property.
The best home security is to implement a variety of measures to make your home less attractive to burglars. The Following are tips and measures you can follow to greatly reduce your chances of having your home burglarized.
- Make your home look occupied at all times. If it appears to a potential burglar that someone is home you greatly decrease your chances of a home burglary.
- Use automatic timers on the lights when you are away from home. This principal falls along the lines of making it seem to a potential burglar that someone is regularly home. One step further, if possible make the timer operate the lights at different times on different days eliminating the possibility for a burglar to establish a pattern.
- If you are out of town, have a neighbor pick up the mail and newspapers. Nothing says “I am not home, come on in and take whatever you want” like a pile of delivered mail, newspapers or packages. Have someone you trust pick up all your daily deliveries to ensure it appears someone is home.
- Install a home security alarm system. Well, we are an authorized ADT home security system company, so of course we would highly recommend installing a security system. A significant number of convicted burglars said they would avoid a house with a security alarm system installed.
- Install Home Video Security System. Along with a home security system installing video surveillance will increase your protection significantly. Intruders and burglars will see a video surveillance system as a major obstacle and throw in an ADT home security system and well over 90% of thieves will walk right on by your home.
- Install motion lights around your home. Burglars rely heavily on the ability to NOT to be seen when scouting potential targets and entering a home. Installing motion lights inside and outside your home will provide plenty of visible light for all to see, which is exactly what they do not want.
- Don’t hide spare keys outside your home. Well, if you live in Perfectville then leaving a spare key outside your home would be ideal, but unfortunately we do not and leaving a key in obvious places like above your door sill, under a mat, or in that “secret” hidden fake rock that no one would ever think to search for is exactly where burglars look first.